Sometimes I don’t have much time to cook but I still want to make a nice dinner and it’s on these occasions that I turn to my creamy red pepper pasta recipe.
It’s quick and easy and you’ve probably got most of the ingredients in your cupboard so it’s a perfect back up meal. Sometimes I’ll roast a couple of red peppers with a drizzle of olive oil if I’ve got more time and if I’ve got them in, but peppers in a jar are perfect when you have less time and it’s equally tasty.
Start by frying off the onion with the garlic to soften and the pop in a bowl. Add the peppers to the bowl, discarding the remaining liquid and add the herbs and spices. I throw in a handful of cashew nuts because they add creaminess to the sauce when they’re blitzed up. Prepare the chicken stock and add this to the bowl too. Blitz it all up and your sauce is nearly ready. How easy was that?! Finally, stir in the mascarpone cheese while you’re warming the sauce up in the pan. This adds the extra creaminess.
I like to serve this with my homemade pasta that I make without a pasta machine (yes, it’s possible)!
Keep scrolling for the recipe.
Red Pepper Pasta – The Recipe
1 onion, diced
1 clove chopped garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 jar of roasted red peppers
1 tsp onion granules
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp chilli flakes
20g cashew nuts
1 vegetable oxo stock cube
200ml boiling water
2 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- Fry off the onion and garlic in the olive oil until softened
- Transfer to a bowl and add the peppers to the bowl, discarding the liquid
- Add the spices and cashew nuts to the bowl
- In a jug, pour the boiling water over the stock cube and add to the bowl
- Using a hand blender, whizz up all of the ingredients. If the sauce is too thick, add some extra water to loosen it up.
- Add the sauce to a pan to heat, stir in the mascarpone cheese and serve with your favourite pasta.
What’s your favourite pasta dish?
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.