As a result of the coronavirus lockdown in the UK, our favourite restaurants, cafes, pubs, coffee shops and general eateries have been forced to close for the foreseeable future leaving many of us wondering how we’re going to get our fill of our favourite restaurant food. Slowly but surely, many of our favourites have starter to reveal the recipes for their classic dishes for us to make at home so I thought I’d collate some of my favourite recipes to share with you.
Restaurant Recipes Shared During Lockdown
- McDonald’s Sausage & Egg McMuffin. I’m sure we can all agree that McDonald’s breakfasts are spectacular and while McDonald’s are closed, millions of us having been missing out so the nation loved it when they shared on Twitter how to make their sausage and egg McMuffin at home. Click here for the recipe. Masterchef judge John Torode also showed us how to make these live on an episode of This Morning (from his home of course – social distancing) where he accidentally set fire to his teatowel but you can also catch his version on his Instagram.
- Greggs Steak Bake. The nations favourite bakery have released the recipe for their infamous steak bake; meaty beef in a gravy-like sauce sandwiched in buttery puff pastry. The recipe doesn’t contain exact measurements so a bit of guessing is required. Click here to watch the video.
- Ikea Swedish Meatballs. A visit to IKEA just isn’t complete without a plate of those meatballs so until they reopen stores in the UK, we’ll have to make do with making our own version at home. They even tweeted an image of the recipe in picture format in true IKEA flat pack furniture style. Click here for the recipe.
- Pizza Express Dough Balls. I don’t know about you but I just can’t visit pizza express without ordering a portion of their iconic dough balls so I was super excited when I heard that they’ve dropped the recipe online which comes with instructions for that heavenly garlic butter that’s served with the dough balls. Click here for the recipe.
- Pret Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies. We’ve been in lockdown for a while now so we’re starting to crave a bit of normality. Cue Pret who revealed on Twitter the recipe for their Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Click here for the recipe which contains the recipe. They’ve also shared their recipe for their proper porridge.
- Wagamamas Katsu Curry. This is without a doubt, Wagamama’s most famous dish and is my favourite on their menu. Their executive chef, Steve Mangleshot shared a step by step guide on Wagamama’s Instagram page. Click here for the recipe.
Have you made any of these? What are your favourite dishes that you wish the restaurant would release the recipe for?