The best bit about Easter is that it’s socially acceptable to eat chocolate all day long for an entire extra long weekend. Chocolate for breakfast? Sure! Chocolate for dinner? Why not?
As a child I always used to love making chocolate Krispie cakes with my grandma using either Rice Krispies or cornflakes and these little nests are the perfect Easter treats. Here I’m using shredded wheat which gives a great texture for the nests and you can use any chocolate you’ve got in the cupboard. You can even use leftover Easter eggs if you have any left!
The actual recipe is really easy, anyone can manage it and it’s great for children under supervision of course – they can help with all the stirring and most importantly licking the spoons. For the finishing touch, I drop in a few mini eggs into each nest but you can use any easter treats you’ve got to hand.
Keep scrolling for the recipe!
Chocolate Easter Nests – The Recipe
200m milk chocolate
2 shredded wheat biscuits, broken
2tbsp golden syrup
100g milk chocolate chips
Mini Eggs, to serve
- Start by melting the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a bowl over a pan of simmering water
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and stir in the shredded wheat until fully covered
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well
- Line a muffin tray with 6 cupcake cases and divide the mixture between them, making a small well in the middle of each nest
- Put three mini eggs into the well of each nest and
- Put the nests into the fridge to set for an hour before enjoying!
What’s your favourite Easter treat?
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.