These chocolate chip Valentines cookies are so easy to make and a really great way to make something for a special someone on Valentines Day.
You can use pink, red and white smarties or m&ms to pop on top of your cookies but I managed to pick up some up from Tiger and they’re even in heart shapes, making them perfect for these cookies.
Keep scrolling for the recipe!
Valentines Cookies – The Recipe
300g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp cornflour
A pinch of salt
110g unsalted butter
100g soft brown sugar
100g caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g milk chocolate chips
Pink, red and white chocolates, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade and line two baking trays with baking paper
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cornflour and stir together
- Add in the sugar, breaking up any clumps with a fork gently
- Gently melt the butter in a separate bowl and add to the flour mixture
- Add the beaten egg to the mixture and the milk chocolate chips
- Whisk together using an electric whisk
- If needed, add a couple of tablespoons of milk to help the mixture bing together to form a cookie dough
- Take a handful of cookie dough and roll it into a small ball with both hands
- Place on a baking tray making sure to space them out evenly and gently press them down into flat disks, giving you enough space to press a few pink, red and white chocolates into
- Bake for 13 – 15 minutes
- Let them cool on a baking rack before enjoying!
How are you spending Valentines Day this year?
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.