My go to desserts are usually chocolate based (I’m not a big fan of fruit) and these little salted caramel chocolate pots are so tasty and really easy to make.
You pop some caramel sauce into the bottom of each ramekin and cover with homemade chocolate ganache before putting in the fridge to set. Simples! A word of warning though – they are super rich and quite filling. You could make the caramel sauce too but here I’m keeping things easy and simple and I just bought a jar of ready made caramel sauce for this recipe.
This dessert is a really good one for a dinner party (I served these at my New Years Eve Dinner Party earlier this year) because you can easily make them up in advance and stick them in the fridge until the evening arrives.
Keep scrolling for the recipe!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Pots – The Recipe
300g good quality dark chocolate, broken up into chunks
6 tbsp caramel sauce
Rock salt or sea salt, to serve
- Start by melting together the butter and chocolate in a Bain Marie, over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, add a tablespoon of caramel sauce into six ramekin dishes and swirl it around so it covers the base of the ramekin
- When the chocolate and butter is melted, tip all of the cream into the chocolate mix and stir until combined.
- Distribute the chocolate ganache into the ramekin dishes evenly and put in the fridge to set.
- Serve at room temperature and sprinkle some sea salt on top
What’s your favourite dessert?
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.