After seeing so many pictures of incredible pictures of picnics this summer on Instagram and Pinterest, I’ve been dying to host my own picnic and make the most of the incredible hot summer weather we’ve enjoyed so far this year.
I hosted this picnic with my family in a large grassy park area outside our house by some lovely long grasses. We had a wooden crate hanging about in the garage (as you do) so we brought that out to act as a bit of a table to offer stability, particularly as we had proper glasses and didn’t want to knock anything over. We also had a large blanket which we lay over the grass and palette and brought out some cushions and more blankets to make it cosy and snug. Nobody likes a numb bum after sitting down for hours!
In terms of picnic food, you can either ask your guests to each bring along a dish with them or you can slave away in the kitchen beforehand to prepare some food. I opted for simplicity and had minimum prep food that just needed to be unpacked and presented nicely, ready to be taken outside. We’re big fans of cheese, bread and wine in our household so they feature heavily in our picnic.
Picnic Food & Presentation:
- A baguette – wrapped in baking parchment and tied with a piece of string
- Brie – served on a large wooden board
- Salami – served on a large wooden board
- Pate – served on a large wooden board
- Prosciutto – served on a piece of baking parchment
- Grapes – served on a large wooden board
- Pork Pie – served on its packaging paper
- Tomatoes – served in a gold bowl
- Strawberries and blueberries served mixed in a white ceramic bowl
- A bottle of champagne – served with glasses
- A bottle of sparkling water – served with glasses with blueberries and fresh mint leaves
You can also add Quiche, prepared sandwiches, more cheese, cakes (we had some but forgot to bring them out – whoops!) or salads and smoothies.
We packaged everything into a picnic hamper to carry it outside and the bunch of flowers sets the picnic off and makes it picture perfect so get snapping. Cross your fingers that you get great weather for your picnic and off we go!
What are your tips for the perfect picnic?
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.