This peanut chicken satay curry is one of my all time favourite recipes for a weekday meal after work. It’s super quick and easy and I’ve even mastered the extra lazy version which involves throwing all the ingredients into a slow cooker!
If you like peanut butter, then you’ll definitely like this recipe. Most chicken satay recipes involve marinade chicken on a skewer with a peanut based sauce but I just find that too much of a faff for an everyday meal so this version is quite weekday friendlier. The creaminess of the coconut milk brings the curry together and makes it super saucy to soak up the rice.
If you’re being really healthy, you could also swap out the rice for cauliflower rice to make this a carb free meal (100% recommend this – it’s delish) and if you want to go the extra mile, you could make your own peanut butter!
Keep reading for the recipe.
Peanut Chicken Satay Curry – the recipe:
1 tbsp Curry powder
2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
2 tbsp Lime Juice
3 tbsp Peanut Butter
pinch of Salt and Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Salt
4 Chicken Breasts
400ml Coconut milk
sprinkle of Peanuts (to serve)
Rice (to serve)
- Put the curry powder, soy sauce, lime juice, peanut butter, garlic salt, pepper into a bowl and mix well
- Chop the chicken breast and add to the mix
- Leave to marinade in the fridge for one hour
- Tip the mix into a frying pan and add the coconut milk
- Bring to a medium heat and leave to cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through
- Serve with rice and a sprinkle of peanuts on top!
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.