If you read my 2018 new beginnings post, you’ll know that one of my New Years resolutions was to do One Second EveryDay. This is basically an app where you record one second of footage every single day (kinda says it on the tin) and at the end of the year, the app sticks it all together to show a snapshot of your year!
What a great way to look back on your memories.
I attempted this last year and managed about two thirds of the year because I kept forgetting to do it. This year I am determined to give it a really good go and I wanted to share my hints, tips and ideas for inspiration with you.
Hints & Tips for One Second EveryDay:
- You can set up the app with notifications as a reminder but I also set an alarm every day. Mine is at 3pm and this reminds me to film something, if I haven’t already
- Tell your friends and family that you’re doing it and they’ll support you, whether that’s reminding you to do it for the day or giving you ideas!
- Turn your photos to Live Photos if you have an iPhone 6s or later. This captures a little bit of movement and works as a great backup one second for days when you haven’t recorded anything. You can do this by going into settings > camera > preserve settings and turning on Live Photo
- If you forgot to film a second, ask your friends or family if any of them filmed anything on that particular day that you could use
- Try to get into the habit of filming on landscape mode because this looks much better in the app once you stick the seconds all together
It’s fairly easy when you have big plans or something memorable happening on a weekend to capture that for your One Second EveryDay but when it’s just an average day where you get up and go to work, it can become difficult to think of creative ideas for your one second.
I thought I’d share some ideas for when you need a bit of inspiration on these kind of days:
One Second EveryDay Ideas & Inspiration:
- Your journey to work (walking, bus, train, tickets, people)
- Making a drink
- Drinking a drink (morning coffee works great)
- Dripping a bath bomb into the bath
- Putting your key in your front door
- Running a bath
- Doing your skincare routine / taking your makeup off
- Food shopping (your basket)
- Cooking or eating your dinner
- Shopping / trying clothes on
- With family or friends
- Outfit of the day
- What you’re watching on tv
- Opening your fridge door
- Turning the page of a magazine
- Packing clothes in a suitcase or bag
My 2017 One Second EveryDay:
Here’s my terrible attempt at my first One Second Everyday, complete with footage in portrait mode (see what I mean about always shooting in Landscape).
Hopefully my 2018 One Second EveryDay will be much better!
You can download the One Second EveryDay app from the App Store for £4.99. Have you downloaded it?