Rocky road is one of my all time favourite snacks to make, it’s so fuss free, quick and easy to make and it tastes delicious.
It’s good fun to get kids involved too, to help bash up the biscuits. I used digestive biscuits here but you can use any biscuits you like. The same goes for the chocolate – I used some leftover Christmas chocolate and added in a bar of dark chocolate too but you can use any kind of chocolate you’ve got in your cupboards. Leftover Easter eggs would work great, too.
This recipe is really great for using up leftovers because you can throw in anything you like, nuts, seeds and dried fruits would be delicious too.
I find that it’s really tasty to get the bars out of the fridge five minutes before you eat it to soften it slightly, if you can wait that long!
Rocky Road – the recipe:
makes 12 bars
3 tablespoons golden syrup
180g biscuits (crushed)
100g mini marshmallows
- Start by putting the butter, chocolate and syrup in a pan and melting it on a medium heat, stirring occasionally
- Once this is all melted together, you’ll need to scoop out about 150ml and save this for later
- Crush the biscuits into small pieces (it’s best to do this in a sandwich bag with a rolling pin)
- Add the biscuit pieces and marshmallows to the chocolate and mix together.
- Tip the mixture into a dish and flatten it as much as possible
- Add the remaining chocolate mixture that we set aside earlier and spread it out over the top
- Pop it in the fridge to set for about two hours
- Cut it into squares and serve
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.