There is something really comforting about melted cheese and bread and a cheesy toastie is one of the easiest, simplest thing to make. This is my go-to recipe for when I want something warm and comforting to make or when I’m feeling especially lazy.
Here, my ‘secret ingredient’ is the addition of Lea & Perins Worcestershire sauce which I think really takes it to the next level. If you don’t like this, you could add a little bit of mustard or add some ham or tomato for extra fillings.
It’s really important not to skip the buttering of the bread which you place in the pan, butter side down. This is what gives the toastie a super crispy outside, with a soft and melty inside.
Keep reading to see how I make this.
Cheesy Toastie – the recipe:
150g mature cheddar cheese (grated or sliced)
Two slides of bread
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Place the pan on the hob and heat on a medium to high heat
- Butter one side of each slice of bread
- Place the buttered bread into the pan, butter side down so it starts to sizzle
- Load up your cheese on the bread
- Leave it to melt for one minute
- Add the other slide of bread on top of the cheese, butter side facing up
- Carefully, flip the toastie
- Let it cook and sizzle for one minute
- When the cheese is melted and the outside is a crispy golden brown, serve!
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.