When it’s cold and dark outside and the memories of Christmas festivities have faded, its really nice to have a warm and comforting meal and this creamed mushrooms recipe is one of my favourites.
It’s super quick and easy to create, making it the perfect weekday night meal for a January evening. This version is vegetarian but you could also add some slices of cooked chicken or beef if you fancied.
Keep scrolling to find out how to make this tasty creamed mushrooms dish.
Creamed Mushrooms with Almonds – the recipe:
A medium sized onion
250g mushrooms, sliced
A dash of olive oil
5g fresh mint, finely chopped
150ml double cream
Salt and Pepper
Flaked almonds (to serve)
- On a medium heat, gently fry the onion in olive oil for five minutes until soft
- Add the sliced mushrooms and let them brown for about ten minutes
- While the mushrooms are browning, chop the mint very finely and add three quarters to the pan, reserving the rest
- Turn down the heat and add the cream to the mushrooms (careful that it doesn’t boil)
- Let the sauce simmer and thicken for two minutes
- Serve with fluffy basmati rice and sprinkle the dish with the flaked almonds and remaining chopped mint
What’s your favourite cosy January meal?
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.