Every year, I love to get into the festive spirit by making gingerbread biscuits and this year was no exception. Last year I even made a gingerbread house!
These gingerbread biscuits are absolutely delicious and you can have so much fun decorating them. Every year I try to buy a new shaped cookie cutter but favourite is the snowflake.
Keep scrolling for the recipe.
Gingerbread Biscuits – the recipe:
Makes around 30 biscuits
300g self raising flour
a pinch of salt
3 tsp ground ginger
100g caster sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
4 tbsp milk
White chocolate icing, to decorate
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees and line a couple of baking trays with baking parchment
- Put the flour, salt and ginger in a bowl
- Heat together the syrup, sugar and butter in a pan over a medium heat
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients and give it a good mix until smooth.
- Add the milk and mix until it forms a ball
- Lightly flour a clean surface and roll out the dough
- Cut as many shapes as you wish – I love to do gingerbread men and snowflakes
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack
- Once completely cooled, decorate!
If you found these too easy, why not try my Gingerbread House recipe?
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.