Pancakes are my favourite, indulgent weekend breakfast treat. These pancakes are thick and fluffy and go really well with streaky bacon.
Keep scrolling for the recipe!
Maple Bacon Pancakes – the recipe:
Makes 10 pancakes
225g plain flour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Butter for frying
1 pack of streaky bacon rashers
Drizzle of maple syrup to serve
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- In another bowl, mix together the milk and eggs
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients and give it a good mix until smooth.
- Let the batter stand for ten minutes to get rid of any lumps
- Put the bacon under the grill and cook until crispy, then set aside
- Heat a pan over a medium heat with a knob of butter and add a ladle of batter to the pan
- After two minutes when bubbles start to appear, flip the pancake over for another two minutes
- Keep going until the batter has all been used up
- Top the pancakes with bacon and lashings of maple syrup.
Let me know if you make these, and enjoy!
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.