Blueberry muffins are one of my favourite things to make – more than another other cakes or treats. This has been my recipe for years and it never fails to create tasty muffins. These are a delicious treat for breakfast or an afternoon snack so I highly recommend them.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries; this time I used frozen ones as it gives a gorgeous, pastel purple marble effect to the muffins but you could use raspberries, summer fruits or any other mix. You can use this recipe as base recipe for any muffins and add in flavours such as cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
I had fun documenting this on my Instagram stories where I posted step-by-step snaps of me making these. You can find me on Instagram here.
Don’t be put off by the buttermilk – you can buy this from supermarkets but you can also make it by adding some lemon juice to some milk.
Keep scrolling for the recipe!
Blueberry muffins – the recipe:
Makes 12 muffins
400g plain flour
175g caster sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
85g melted butter
250g fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- In another bowl, mix the buttermilk, eggs and melted butter
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients and give it a good mix
- Carefully add the blueberries
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases using a spoon
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes
- Once baked, leave the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before taking them out of the tins and onto a wire rack to cool
Let me know if you make this, and enjoy!
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.