Smashed avocado on toast is one of my favourite things to eat for breakfast or brunch on a weekend. It’s quick and easy to make and doesn’t really involve any ‘cooking’ so anyone can do it!
Avocados are full of vitamins and oils which keep you fuller for longer so although they’re quite high in calories, they’re full of the good fats so it’s almost healthy. It’s the ultimate lazy Sunday morning breakfast or it can be a tasty snack.
If you’re feeling really hungry or you just want to pimp it up, you could add extra toppings. I like to add feta cheese, halloumi cheese, poached eggs, seeds, crispy smoked bacon or some grilled mushrooms. The possibilities are endless! Obviously I wouldn’t have them all at once …. I’ve also used whatever bread I can get my hands on, but sourdough is regarded as the ultimate companion for smashed avocado.
Keep scrolling for the recipe!
Smashed Avocado – The Recipe
Recipe: How to Make Smashed Avocado on Toast | FOODDifficulty: Easy
2 slices of wholegrain bread
1/2 tsp lime juice
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Put two slices of wholegrain bread in the toaster or under the grill until golden brown
- Squeeze two halves of an avocado into a bowl and break up with a fork
- Add the lime juice and salt to the avocado and continue to mash until it has completely broken down
- Spread the smashed avocado over the toast
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes to finish
- It’s important to use ripe avocados, otherwise they won’t mash up properly.
Like my smashed avocado recipe? Why not try Shakshuka for brunch!
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.