On the weekend, I made these incredible cupcakes using lotus biscoff spread as an afternoon treat. They go perfectly with coffee and the spread is so delicious I could just eat it on its own with a spoon! These cupcakes are super easy to make and are a bit more special than the average vanilla cupcake so they make perfect treats for sharing with family, friends or colleagues. I’ve been saving these copper cupcake cases for something special and this recipe was perfect.
Keep scrolling for the recipe!
Makes 12 cupcakes
175g light brown sugar
3 medium free range eggs
175g self raising flour
75g Lotus biscoff spread
50g Lotus biscoff spread
250g icing sugar
Splash of milk
And Lotus biscoff biscuits to decorate!
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tray with cupcake cases
- Mix together the butter and sugar
- Add the beaten eggs, flour and lotus biscoff spread to the mix
- Mix well
- Divide the mixture equally between the cupcake cases using a spoon or a piping bag
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Once baked, put the cupcakes on a wire rack to cool and start the icing
- Using an electric whisk, beat the butter until it turns pale in colour
- Add the icing sugar and lotus biscoff spread and mix well
- Next, add a splash of milk if the mix needs loosening up slighlty
- Transfer the buttercream mix to a piping bag and pipe on top of the cooled cupcakes
- Finally, add a lotus biscuit to the top to decorate
Let me know if you make this, and enjoy!
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.