In case you haven’t heard of the Australian craze, freakshakes are amazing (calorific) drinks which combine a milkshake with a desert. They’re usually piled high with doughnuts, waffles and chocolate and have caused people to queue for hours just to get their hands on one.
I’ve seen quite a few pictures of these all over Instagram and have been desperate to make my own. I had a lot of fun shopping for the ingredients for this because pretty much anything goes with these sweet treats.
Here’s how I made my chocolate freakshakes but I bet salted caramel ones would taste amazing too!
You will need two smoothie glasses
To make the milkshake:
400 ml milk
4 scoops of chocolate ice-cream
A few tablespoons of nutella
A few tablespoons of peanut butter
Two chocolate ring doughnuts
2 x Kinder Bueno
1 x Chocolate Buttons pack
1 x Smartie tube
- Add the milk and two scoops of ice-cream into a blender. Mix together until smooth.
- Spread the nutella round the edge of one smoothie glass, spread the peanut butter around the second glass
- Drizzle chocolate sauce around the inside of the glasses
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles over the peanut butter and nutella
- Put the remaining ice cream into the glasses (one scoop in each)
- Divide the milkshake between the two glasses
- Fill the glasses with whipped cream
- Balance doughnuts on top of each glass
- Add more whipped cream in the ring of the doughnut
- Use your Kinder Bueno, chocolate buttons and smarties to decorate
- Add a straw and drink!
AD – Please note that this page contains affiliate links where I earn a small amount of money per click. This doesn’t cost you anything but you can find out more about affiliate links on my disclaimer.